New Reader Guide
New here? Welcome to Cat Nine!
Start from the beginning, or you can start with Cat Nine Classic. Otherwise, feel free to read the rest of this guide, read some blogs, or even chat with fellow readers! If you have any questions, it might already be answered in the FAQ page. Oh, if you hear some sort of knocking/klacking sound, some people are using the chat!
About the comic
Cat Nine: Take Two! is a manga-styled webcomic about Keith and his cat (Myan) with a magical collar, giving her the power to transform into a catgirl or any other animal. This is the second version of Cat Nine (now called Cat Nine Classic), so I’ve added “Take Two!” to differentiate between the… two. Ever since the new logo though (no “Take Two!” in it), it’s fine to call the current version Cat Nine.
Setting: Sometime in the present, somewhere in the Philippines. Exotic huh?
Genre: Lighthearted comedy, Philippine mythology, fantasy, and a bit of slice-of-life, minus the boring parts. No, there’s no danger of it suffering from Cerebrus Syndrome, like some of the more famous webcomics out there.
Primary drawing program: Adobe Flash CS6
Navigating the comic
- Use the navigation menu to move between comic pages! If you’re feeling bored or a bit crazy, hit the Random button!
- You can also use the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard to flip between pages, or click on the comic to go to the next one!
- Use the dropdown menu to traverse between “episodes”. This always goes to the episode’s beginning.
Interact with the artist and other fans!
Comment on the current comic*, or chat**with other fans and even the creator (Lazylonewolf) himself! We’re all pretty friendly here so don’t be shy! There are some rules however, and breaking any of them can get you banned:
- Don’t post comments, images, videos, or audio that you wouldn’t show to your parents or children. In other words, please keep it safe for work!
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t be a jerk, except maybe ironically.
- Don’t link to suspicious websites. Please, no exceptions.
Aside from these rules, it’s pretty much free-for-all! There are some exceptions though, like if it’s funny, or maybe a life-or-death situation, or both.
*You need to go the comic page so you can comment
**You may need the Adobe Flash plugin to use the Chatango chatbox
Searching for a specific comic?
- Search by date – Go to the archives to search all comics arranged by date and episode. It also shows the comic page’s title.
- Search by characters – If you want to search for a character that showed up in the comic, you can click on their names in the rants section, or go to the characters page. Going to a specific character’s page will show all the comics they appeared in, for example, Myan.
- Search everything – Use the search bar to search for pretty much everything in the site. It can search blog posts, rants, and transcripts.
Receive automatic notifications whenever the comic updates
You can get updated on the latest comic without going to the site if you subscribe through email or RSS! I hope everyone does this since I update randomly and may go on unannounced hiatuses from time to time. Sorry about that!
Have trouble reading the text in the comic? Click on the transcript button in the rants section to see the transcript for the current comic. It’s also great for translating it to different languages using Google Translate, but it’s not perfect. I can add a permanent Google Translate widget to the site if enough people ask!
Submitting fan art and comics
If you like the comic enough to make some art or a comics, great! All submissions are posted on the fan art and comics section, and everyone’s welcome to submit almost anything! As a thank you, I’ll even send a link to your website if you provide one.
Support the comic! (and thanks in advance!)
Wow, I’m grateful! Any help is appreciated!
Supporting Cat Nine for free
There are various ways to help out the comic, even without spending a dime!
- Vote! You can support the comic by voting for Cat Nine daily! Anyone can vote, even if you don’t have an account. Each vote raises Cat Nine’s rank, which attracts more readers to the website! I even create occasional bonus art and comics as an incentive to vote!
- Tell everyone you know about the comic! Tell your boss, your dog, or that guy behind you!
- If you want to link to Cat Nine, you can use these banners. Feel free to create your own though!
- Leave a like on our Facebook page, or become a follower on Twitter. I use Twitter the most!
- If you’re a troper, you can help by updating Cat Nine’s TvTropes page!
Supporting Cat Nine… with money!
If you’re serious about supporting Cat Nine, you can:
- Donate via PayPal – You can donate any amount by using the donate button to the right.
- Browsing the site – Thanks to the banner advertisements, the website makes some money just from your browsing! So browse as much as you want, and you might even find another comic you’ll like through said advertisements.